Thursday, December 9, 2010

Strawberries and the endless reverb.

I got a new 7" single today! It's a smelly thing, and it's red!  It's by one of my "instant purchase" groups, New York shoegazers Asobi Seksu. They specialize in making my heart flutter and my ears shiver (and occasionally blow out). In the best ways possible. The song is called Strawberries so logically the sleeve is strawberry scented. Makes *perfect* sense!

I quite like the artwork Asobi Seksu had during the Citrus era. It was messy with loads of colours and symbols but had a dreamlike quality that suited the sound. And what's not to like in a giant eye on the label, for a slight Illuminati feeling?

Ps: Asobi Seksu's Thursday is the best song of the 00s. That is not an opinion, that's a fact.

No comments:

Post a Comment